Official site of the Florida Department of Education for the GED® test
|Text Index||Custom Search|
GED® Test Credential Requests
Contact us: Toll Free 1-877-352-4331 or 850-245-0449Beginning June 18, 2012, the fee for test credentials is increasing from $6 to $8 for each duplicate diploma or transcript requested.
Request a Copy of Your Diploma or Transcript
If you took the GED® test in Florida and need a copy of your State of Florida High School diploma or transcript, the following instructions will help you prepare the request. Processing these requests requires a written request accompanied by the required fee. Once we receive the written request in the GED® testing office, it takes approximately 7-10 working days for the document to be mailed. Note: Duplicate diplomas and transcripts may be picked up in person at the GED® testing office in Tallahassee by calling the office number above to make the request. Payment of $8 via money order or cashier's check is due at the time of pickup, along with a signed release of records.
To receive a copy of your diploma or transcript, you should:
Step 1 – Complete a Written Request and Release of Information
- You may use the standard form here: Request for GED® Transcript Form (PDF)
- Submit a written request that includes the following information:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Approximate year the test was taken
- City or county where the test was taken
- Signature of the GED® test taker, which certifies that the test taker agrees to release the GED scores and diploma information
Step 2: Include Payment ($8 per duplicate transcript or diploma)
- Send a $8 money order or cashier’s check for each transcript and/or diploma being requested.
- Make it payable to the Florida Department of Education for each copy you are requesting.
- Include your name and last 4-digits of your social security number on the cashier's check or money order
- We do not accept personal checks or cash.
Important: Please do not submit a diploma/transcript request to the Florida GED® testing office if you did not take the GED® Tests in Florida. As of September 1, 2011, funds will not be returned for transcript/diploma requests in which research is required and no records are found. If you are unsure of whether you took the GED® in Florida, you should submit a verification request at no charge following the instructions at http://ged.fldoe.org/verify.asp.
Step 3: Include Return Envelope
- Address an envelope to where you would like the document mailed, with appropriate postage.
- A transcript requires a letter sized envelope with a $.45 stamp ($.77 for international).
- A diploma requires a 10x13 envelope with $1.15 postage attached ($1.40 for international)
- If you order both documents, and they are being sent to the same address, send only the 10x13 envelope.
To ensure faster delivery, you may use a FEDEx or UPS envelope with a pre-addressed / pre-paid envelope enclosed.
Step 4: Mail the Request
- Mail all items in Steps 1 to 3 to the following address:
Florida Department of Education
GED Testing Office
325 West Gaines Street, Room 634
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
As of September 1, 2011, name changes will no longer be made to GED records unless there is a error. If there is a spelling error in your name as it appears in the GED records, please contact our office for assistance.
If you have any questions about these procedures or if we can offer assistance of another nature, please contact the GED office at (850) 245-0449 or toll-free at 1-877-352-4331.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (ACE). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service®. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.